things that have happened within the past week in my so-called professional life:
- presented a poster at a conference-thingy in new hampshire and was actually decently well-received (to my shock, since my data looks like crap rn)
- took tequila shots with one of most high-profile stem cell biologists in the western hemisphere
- stripped down in front of my lab to go swimming in a leech-infested lake in my underwear because of the aforementioned tequila shots
- had knowledge of said leech infestation because we spent our spare time in new hampshire checking out water samples for fun
- (the spare time not spent drinking, that is)
- gave my first 4 lectures to my tiny baby intro bio students (and didn’t totally crash and burn!!!)
- developed a seething hatred for all new genome-editing technologies (crispr can go fuck a duck 4reals) because they are wreaking terrible havoc on my field
- also had the technologies i use for my research (namely, rnai) compared to a ‘whiny ex-girlfriend’ to the ‘new hot girlfriend’ crispr stuff by a misogynist dinosaur
- had 3 conversations about the ethics of human chimeras
- because my friends are MAKING HUMAN/MOUSE CHIMERAS, what the fuck even is this
- slept like a total of 5 hours but it is all good because
- such. science. wow.
i know you all are excited for pumpkins and shit but let me just remind you of winters other blessings
- apple pie
- apple cider
- caramel apples
- candied apples
- apple crisp
Wake up, sugar, I’m even better in real life.
#i’m so so so sorry the movie had no frickin idea what to do with you
I nominated Zeminar, head wizard of the society of wizards, for the ice bucket / lemon and soap bucket challenge.